my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » A new daycare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A new daycare
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting September 6th we will be going to a new daycare for both kids. Her name is Teresa and she lives only 1.5 miles from our house.

I guess our current daycare wasn't willing to put in the extra effort to see him through his current stage. She saw him through the biting stage, but doesn't want to see him through the pinching stage. With all that she went through to get him pass the biting stage I wouldn't have guessed that she would have given up on him during the pinching stage. We have accepted it and are looking forward to the new daycare.

I informed Teresa of Hayden's behavior and she didn't even bat an eye that she couldn't help him concur this stage. She has only been in daycare by herself for 1 full year. Before that she worked at a daycare center for 3 years. They're only 7 children when you include Hayden & Maria. So the small amount of kids will help her watch Hayden and distract him from his behavior.

She experienced the biting stage at the daycare center and they just kept a close eye on the child and kept removing him when he looked or seemed to resort to biting and eventually they just forget the behavior because they haven't done it for so long.

Eric, the kids and I felt immediate comfort when we walked in the front door when we went over on Wednesday this week. They, her husband, Teresa & their kids meet us like we were good friends and we talked for a full hour. If it hadn't been bedtime we could have gone on longer. Occasionally we would throw out questions regarding daycare, got all the info we needed and then just sat to get to know each other better.

We found out that we had the same doctor at Mercy hospital, both had c-sections, and we both experienced a colic child. They're more things but I could be here all day.

Our feeling before we left was that we wanted to go with her, but we had another interview.

Thursday we went to a daycare that had 25 years of experience. Immediately I knew I wasn't going to like it. First I could smell smoke upstairs. Second she didn't greet us like we were very important she was busy doing other things. Third she had too many rules and we didn't feel the kids would be very relaxed. Fourth she made us feel like we were taking up her time and wanted to go on to something else.

We could interview more but it just feels right with Teresa.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe Linda gave up on Hayden. Like you said, she helped him through 1 bad stage so she knows she can help him.

Oh well, I am glad you found a new daycare that is closer to home. That will help also.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: