my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » What to have for supper....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to have for supper....
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night after the Dr visit I ask Maria what should we have for supper. We were going down the list of things we could have then out of the blue she asked if we could go out to eat. I explained to her that we couldn't go because we had to pay for her hospital bills for her ear tubes so mom or dad didn't have any extra cash until payday.

She pipes up, "Well we could use my money that we have in my rain day fund." (money we put into savings for her from gifts of $ from others for extra little things she would like to buy herself) I said, "Maria I don't want to have to do that. That is your money you should spend on yourself." She insisted that she pay. So I asked where she would want to go.... Pizza Hut! Daddy Eric asked her if we could get bread sticks and I told her how much it would come to....NO! [Wink]

She was pretty proud of herself treating her mom & dad to supper.... [Cool] [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can remember the first time Dustin did the same thing to me.

I told him we could maybe go to McDonald than. He said " no way grandma" "I am taking you to Perkins".

Well we did go but I made sure I purchased him a new shirt or pants. I tried to do this so he really didn't realize I was really paying him back. Well it worked, and he also felt really good that he took grandma out to supper with his money. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it shows the caring side of them. We try to reward her with a lot of praise when she does things like that.

We told her that we hope that this next child will be a lot like her!!! She thought that was special. [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just see the BIG grin on her face when you say things like that to her.

The two of you do a good job remembering to tell her positive things when she does something good.

Keep up the good work! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Thank you....that is one thing that I always vowed I would do with my kids and Eric has been a good help to me to remember to do that... [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: